Hyperbaric oxygen therapy (HBOT) is a medical treatment which enhances the body’s natural healing process by inhalation of 100% oxygen in a total body chamber, where atmospheric pressure is increased and controlled. It is used for a wide variety of treatments usually as a part of an overall medical care plan.
Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy for Wound Healing. Hyperbaric oxygen therapy involves exposing the body to 100% oxygen at a pressure that is greater than what you normally experience. Wounds need oxygen to heal properly, and exposing a wound to 100% oxygen. That’s how it speed the healing process.
- Delivers Oxygen to tissues up to 25 times normal level.
- Boost immune system function.
- Decrease swelling and inflamation.
- Helps the body to clear toxins and increase body’s ability to fight infection.
- Promotes regeneration of injured tissues.
- Reduce fatigue from chronic inadequate oxygen supply to the cells and tissues of the body .
- Successfully treats traumatic and ischemic brain injuries.
“Who would ever believe that something as natural and simple as the air we breathe (at in increased pressure level) could give our athletes the extra edge that is unavailable in pill or powder.”
“For Sports person Oxygen therapy allows the body to get the oxygen & it needs to create ATP for energy and flush out the lactic acid that causes muscle fatigue. … The pressurized chamber in which athletes breathe pure oxygen, allows up to a tenfold increase in the oxygen level of the blood plasma and hemoglobin.”